Great leaders were not born leaders. They went out there, made mistakes, learnt their lessons and followed a value system that helped them stand out in the crowd. With many young leaders coming into picture these days, this is the most prevalent question of the decade, “If Executive Coaching is right for me?”
As Executive Coaching Consultants, we provide Executive on boarding services that is a 90 days training period to help a new leader understand and adapt to the new process. During this process we come across a lot of new born leaders who are confused why executive coaching is right for them. Well! We tell them various issues which we usually help many executives to fix.
1. You Are Bringing Business But Have Always Faced A Problem In Leading The Team - Now this is a common occurrence. Bringing business to the company or handling the client well would not make you a good leader. You only become a leader when people choose to follow you. If this is not happening currently, executive coaching is right for you.
2. If You Are Feeling Like A One Man Army While Leading A Team - You are a leader, but your team is not following your orders. That’s because you can’t order anyone to follow you just because you have a title on the door. For this to happen, you need to share a vision and help your team place themselves in a way that they see their role as important in achieving the vision. If this is not happening, executive coaching might help.
3. You Are Not Able To Manage Your Time - Your success as an executive depends largely on how you manage time and you will be surprised to know that we come across so many executives who face problems in this. Taking up executive coaching helps you in learning the time management as well as inculcating a value in yourself to respect your and other’s time.
4. Fear Increases As The Importance Of Your Role Increases - As you move up the hierarchy ladder and become an executive, the fear of losing the job increases as you are now responsible for other’s work as well. As an executive, you might need to ask for difficult things from your boss. If you are scared that they are not going to react nicely and in turn can leave your job in jeopardy, then you definitely need to take up the executive coaching. As the maximum you are going to hear from them is a “NO.”
5. You Are Not Good In Making Tough Decisions - In any company, people disagree. Perhaps, you want everyone to be happy and pleased. Many of us handle disagreements in either of these two ways - to roll over the other person or be rolled over by them. But that is not the healthy way of doing things. You need to find a common ground where everyone is in agreement. Executive coaching can train you to ask for what you need, disagree with respect and most important, go for what you really want: the win/win.
6. You Are Not Enjoying It - So being a technical guy, you are now managing things and you are just not enjoying it much. Work activities that used to bring pleasure no longer do. Executive Coaching can help you to determine what exactly you’re passionate about, and what would help you create a plan of action to bring back the joy in your work.