Cornerstone International Group – India provides advice and support to clients working in different industries and verticals to help manage complex and diverse organizations through these periods of significant change, driving service improvements and delivering creative solutions. Business Advisory Services for us are focused on achieving the singular goal of organizational excellence through its most precious asset, the people, and the systems that support their work. The Organizational Excellence work stream brings together all of our activities which help to improve the way our clients operate in areas such as HR, organization design, processes and systems. Our work with clients is largely focused on helping them prepare and continue to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
One of the key impediments in fostering a culture of innovation is the burden of carrying on with traditional hierarchical decision-making structures. This is particularly discouraging to younger staff members. We can state this almost as a truism that hierarchical structures are contrary to efficient work processes and impact morale. For example, in one instance of any organization we helped transform, in one department alone, analytical information on products went through as many as six to nine layers of review before arriving at a cogent plan of action. This is not only unnecessary; it directly impacts bottom-lines adversely. CIG deploys proprietary tools to flatten decision-making structures and make work genuinely more collaborative as opposed to hierarchical.
Business advisory services these days may require a different business model from that of traditional services delivery models characterized by a ‘one size fits all’ philosophy. For example, we recognize that business advisory services may be better suited to a business model based on selling of products and services that strives to continually progress up the value chain.
The achievement of our interventions through a Business Advisory Plan usually results in five key deliverables:
1. Enhancing Trust and Confidence: Towards a more stakeholder and client-oriented organizational culture;
2. Engaging Staff: A globally focused, dynamic, adaptable, meritocratic and physically & emotionally secure work force;
3. Improving Working Methods: A more open and accountable organization with streamlined procedures;
4. Rationalizing structures and functions: Optimal locations, common services and expanded partnerships.
5. Embracing technology to operate more efficiently, reduce costs, and offer additional value-added services.